Bolivian Ram Have Spawned!

SuperGuppyGirl

I'm super excited they have spawned, only problem is their are 5 adults in a 15 G tank. This was their quarrentine tank (garage sale rescue). I have another 30G (longer not tall) tank that was to be the home for pair or two sitting waiting as I was shuffling livestock to make room, my dilemma is the spawn is at wiggler stage, how should I proceed? The parents are doing great guarding, the other 3 should be removed but how to do this without causing a fry massacre by parents? What do I feed the fry? My microworms are dead as someone (hubby) put them in the freezer!!! Any advice extremely welcome.

I'll give you a microworm culture. If you think that your pair will commit infanticide if you try to take the others out try:

a) catching the non-breeding fish out after the lights have gone out for a while or

B) slip a tank divider in the tank that keeps the non-breeding fish away from the parents

Edited by syno321

Tank divider would probably be the best as I have some crafting mesh sections that unused for it when I collected Bettas. Then i cpuld just snag the others without disturbing the parents too much. It's their first spawn, so hoping they will do well. Paul your a life saver!

You should see the little dots in person (AWWWESSSSSS) they have the same spots as mommy and daddy.

The other three Bolivians are doing amazing! they turned all sorts of bright colours when I introduced them to my existing fish.

my big male paired up with the lonely girl in something like 20 minutes. Amazing fishes.