Fluval X5 Acting Up

casagrande

I have a fluval x5 bought about a month ago worked great,suddenly a few days ago it started to gergal cleaned and put back together.Its still doing it will work quit for awhile and then it starts again.When I unplug it a large amount of air comes out of the outlet,plug back in nice and quiet then sounds like running water,then gergal.It seems to be filtering no issues with water quality just very noisy.

Double check that the hose clamps are tight. Otherwise, I suspect the sponges need to be cleaned really well.

New place is sweet! Just double check the hose clamps. I had a similar problem that I couldn't figure out for the longest time. It was sucking air into the tiniest gap on the intake - not enough for water to get out.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine just started doing this also. I found some small gravel in the bottom of the filtre right buy the impeller and cleaned them out then i opened the cleaning valve till the water ran clear. did a general cleaning and put everything together. turned it on and is running fine now.