Cheap Substrate

Bruno

At the last CAS meeting, there was a place mentioned where cheap sand, gravel etc could be picked up - but I don't remember where that was. If anyone does can you please let me know? I need to go get some sand for a 90G

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Magic or another product called Green Diamond (just doing my first tank with Green Diamond). I did quite a bit of research and it was recommended highly. Black Magic may have been described under a slightly different name, Black Beauty etc. It is coal slag and I found it to be quite clean. I have been using it for almost a year and my plants are doing awesome. Originally I did a type of dirt tank covered with Black Magic. Won 1st for CAS aquarium beautiful (over 30 gallons) with the tank. It is a 110 gallon long so I had to source something that fit my budget. Since then I got lazy and just used the Black Magic in my shrimp tank and the growth the plants are having is awesome. It looks just like Tahitian moon sand for a fraction of the price!

Black Magic or another product called Green Diamond (just doing my first tank with Green Diamond). I did quite a bit of research and it was recommended highly. Black Magic may have been described under a slightly different name, Black Beauty etc. It is coal slag and I found it to be quite clean. I have been using it for almost a year and my plants are doing awesome. Originally I did a type of dirt tank covered with Black Magic. Won 1st for CAS aquarium beautiful (over 30 gallons) with the tank. It is a 110 gallon long so I had to source something that fit my budget. Since then I got lazy and just used the Black Magic in my shrimp tank and the growth the plants are having is awesome. It looks just like Tahitian moon sand for a fraction of the price!

is this the one you're talking about Nanmer? Only black one I could find http://www.targetproducts.com/prod-detail.aspx?id=99932165

Edited by Traffic66