My new 90 gallon and occupants

cerebus

Hey Steve, your yellow lab & S. fryeri look good to me. Just keep in mind, that as I've stated previously if any of those labs kept their traits from when they were juvies, (all yellow, or broken black banding in the dorsal) then the chances are good that they are all crosses.

Do you have pics of the other yellow labs from that group?

Edited by RD.

I have four Electric Yellows. The smallest one (1" or so) only has banding on the front half of its dorsal fin, but they all started that way and then filled in. A fourth from the same group has almost no black in it's dorsal fin. It may be holding (see photo) which is why I was asking. Either way, if there's any chance at all that these are hybrids then any fry that survive will never leave my tanks.

post-23-1126896028_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, they look good from here Steve, except for that holding female. It's quite possible that they are simply late bloomers, I had an F1 female that still is fairly faint in the dorsal fin, and she's approx 2". I wouldn't give up hope yet, and keep me posted as they mature. My guess is they are not crosses.