Kribensis Help

maty9999

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm having with one of my males. I currently have two separate breeding pairs, one in a 20 long and one in a 29 high, both in planted tanks (the 20 isn't super heavily planted, waiting on some things to grow a little better until I plant some more). But the issue is that my male in the 20 isn't showing colour. He generally looks pretty pale, he usually has the stripe but there is never any stress signs. Hes been in the tank since January and when we first got him he was very bright including a very dark red chin. Ill upload a picture of him compared to my other male when I have the chance.

From what I've read the minimum is 20 but I may be wrong. But even so the pair in our 29 is perfectly happy. The 20 has plenty of hiding spots (driftwood not rock). Everything's right where it should be with ammonia nitrate and nitrite, it's a little harder than I'd like (120 for kh and gh in my test strips) and the ph is around 7. The first picture is of the pair in the 29 and the second one is of the male in the 20. I really should have got one of the female in the 20 though because she's perfectly fine with the normal colouration

post-6447-0-70651100-1396483900_thumb.jpg

post-6447-0-29783400-1396484019_thumb.jpg