Unknown Rainbow Id

So a while back picked up some rainbow fry, have been growing them out but am stumped as to what they could be. Hoping the rainbow experts can help me out. Thanks in advance (these are not from here but were at a lfs)

post-5607-0-42617700-1396589974_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-43802400-1396589993_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-51908300-1396590014_thumb.jpg

Lots of rainbows are hybrids and you may not be able to find out.. My rainbow in the show last year was labelled as "chilatherina sp" because they would not let me list is as chilatherina "petsmart"..

They were some rescue fish, I was picking up a betta to rehome and these guys were in the tank they were shutting down. People didn't even know they were in there and had rehomed the parents already so probably were from Petsmart. When I got them they were barely over a quarter inch. Well just have to wait and see.

Probably going to have to grow them before proper ID can be made.

syno321 is correct for an exact ID. When I have a number of tanks full of young bows, different species, this size they all look pretty much the same. A wild guess by the dark, guessing blue ban with the red highlights, length of fins, I would guess a female Goyder River.

Young bows of this size really needs to have some warmth to grow! Many contact me and complain about slow growth and I ask what temp they are running at. It is recommended on the Rainbowfish forums, both North America and in Europe that they be run at 80 degrees until 1.5 to 2 inches. It really does make a difference those few degrees!

Cheers

Ric

Edited by Rainbowric