Hey From Rd

ypda52

Hey everyone I'm new here! I hail from Red Deer, Alberta. I'm very intrigued by the fact that there is an Alberta dedicated aquatic forum, my username should say yoda52 but ultimately a typo thwarted that! Anyways I will go into my setup I guess.

I have a 30 gallon freshwater lightly planted aquarium with 3 mollies, 4 oto cats, and 4 amano shrimp, I inject Co2, flourish, and use roottabs. My plants including 1 anubias nana, 1 amazon sword, and dwarf hairgrass. I'm a rookie with the plant side of aquaculture for sure, I'm more than likely going to lose the hairgrass as my ability to understand lighting is terrible, that and finding adequate fixtures in Red Deer is difficult at best, there are 3 stores here that offer any form of lighting even remotely geared towards aquatic plant growth. I would upload a photo or two but the limits 100kb per image and my phone/camera can't even take a photo under 1 mb :/ (Edit: as suggested I am using photobucket, pics below.)

Anyways does anyone else here hail from Red Deer? If so can I ask where is the best place to shop for aquarium equipment around here?

CAM00181_zpslgzb58oe.jpg

CAM00182_zpslercfoc8.jpg

CAM00209_zpsfhlwuyns.jpg

CAM00215_zpsoxyuds0l.jpg

Edited by ypda52

Not from RD but Welcome to the forum!

You can use a service like photobucket to post images on here rather than upload them directly to the site. There are other options as well and I am sure someone else can suggest some others.

You could order some LED fixtures from places like one of our site sponsors Angelfins.ca or you can go to someplace like finnex.ca for some great units as well. As with anything in this hobby, research before you buy!

Not from RD but Welcome to the forum!

You can use a service like photobucket to post images on here rather than upload them directly to the site. There are other options as well and I am sure someone else can suggest some others.

You could order some LED fixtures from places like one of our site sponsors Angelfins.ca or you can go to someplace like finnex.ca for some great units as well. As with anything in this hobby, research before you buy!

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips!

Welcome! I am from Red Deer and I frequent Calgary often and Edmonton from time to time. There really is nowhere to shop here. Lol.Need any thing let me know. I am one who can't walk past a good deal, and not being close to stores causes me to carry inventory.

Jay

Welcome! I am from Red Deer and I frequent Calgary often and Edmonton from time to time. There really is nowhere to shop here. Lol.Need any thing let me know. I am one who can't walk past a good deal, and not being close to stores causes me to carry inventory.

Jay

Alright cool thanks Jay :)