Angelfish Injury

GalenGrey

Howdy,

So, after some research and asking around I bought two Angelfish. I got them from a family owned pet store, very healthy looking and well taken care of. I asked about the water parameters they were raised in and figured it would be safe enough to try out since they're the same as my own (despite it being a little higher ph than they should have).

Here's where my issue comes in. One jumped out of the bag and landed in a sink as he was trying to close it up. He's swimming slightly tilted over while the other is perfectly straight and has a bit of pink/purple on his side. I'm just not sure if this is typical; a temporary trauma, swim bladder issues, something fatal?

Or is it totally normal behavior and I'm just worrying over nothing? Haha!

Thanks!

post-6490-0-52822300-1400212914_thumb.jpg

He seems to be doing a bit better today but I'm going to let them know what happened so if he dies there's some history. I debated buying him still but he seemed alright when I looked at him- just a little tilted...

Also, it may be too soon to tell really but I think I picked a good pair. Lucky, much? They're very peaceful with each other and swim everywhere together. No fighting at feeding time either.

post-6490-0-96579800-1400246406_thumb.jpg