Shatterproof Heaters For 120G?

lazyass

I personally run the Eheim Jagers on all of my tanks, never had an issue. big Al's have them, Aquarium Central has them.

Just my two bits on the subject, I typically run two heaters per tank and use a temperature controller to run them both. If you are concerned with the suction cups failing there are some good magnetic clips that Big Al's sells to can clip onto filters, heaters, airline, etc.

Are those glass heaters?

I meant the black plastic type. My fish is a jerk and likes to ram things on occasion. I don't trust that guy with glass.

I was using an aqueon for a 90gal. It was doing it's job but in guessing was a little overworked with the extra water to heat.

• 2 months later...

Heaters... Touchy subject as everyone has their favorites.

Eheim jager - not shatterproof no matter what anyone tells you. Good heater tho.

Fluval E series - Nice looking but still just a glass tube. Also don't seem to deliver rated power, a 300 watt couldn't keep my 90 gallon at temperature in a warm house, 100 watt seemed OK in a 10 gallon though.

IMO too much money for a temperature display.

Titanium - never tried, might be my next heater.

Aqueon pro - love em. Bomb proof, reliable for me, calibrated out of the box.

Would buy again.