Wth?

So doing my weekly WC and in my 70G I notice the male gymno isnt chasing my female away. Sure enough they spawned and must have done it a few days ago as I can see little black dots in the eggs. Now I thought I was safe as I disturb the tank so they won't spawn and being a cool water cichlid who all research says needs lower 70's F to breed being summer the tank is sitting at 78F without heaters. I do ensure they get the cool off during winter so they stay healthy for the warmer months, could this have enabled them to spawn out of character? They are F1's that I had picked up as juvies from the auction and have spawned before but only during the winter months. I've looked all over at other forums and Google and they look exactly like the gymnogeophagus meridionalis, same personality as well. Just baffled.

They will spawn regularly, when the temp is up. They would like a cooling down period for 3 months some time during the year, even down to 13 C., they will live longer if they get that.