Hello

Overboard

Hello, my name is Roy and it’s been almost 2 years now that I was a member to a forum. I was a member of Canadian Aquarium Connection but they closed the doors to the forum. I am an amateur photographer so I have way too many pics of fish.

I am looking forward to being a new member of you forum.

My first tank was a 30 gallon with Bala sharks 20 years ago which lasted about 2 years. I started up again 3 years ago and it has been full bore since then. Started with a 72 gallon bow front with Balas, realized after 6 months I still have the passion for it so I sold the 72 to friend and upgraded to a 180 gallon planted discus tank with CO2. Went 2 years with 6 Discus and was upset about the runt of the tank being picked on and eventually dying. Plus I was grudged spending another $600 to $700 getting 6 more discus to try and avoid distraction from the new runt getting picked on. I redesigned the 180 again last month with schooling fish and six (4 to 5 inch) balas.

I have 4 tanks with an auto water change system with overflow.

Then came several more tanks hence the name Overboard.

30 gallon long – Dwarf Frogs and misc fish

20 gallon tall - Breading Red Sakura Fire Shrimp

15 gallon – Breading Celestial Pearl Danios

15 gallon – Fry tank for 30 Mollies

10 gallon – Holding my last Discus (which is being medicated at the moment because of stress) until I find a new owner

10 gallon – For two glass moss trays holding CPD eggs

10 gallon – For CPD and Fancy Tail Guppy fry about 2 weeks old

5 gallon Fluval – Larger CPDs and Fancy Tail Guppies

Sorry about the lengthy post but I am excited to get back to learning and exploring other ideas and helping other with problems that I have struggled through. Plus exciting news, 3 days ago one of my Lotus plants bloomed a flower. :D:D

Edited by Overboard