55 Gallon Mixed African Stocking Help

maty9999

So seeing as my 40 recently cracked I figured it would be a perfect time to set up my new 55. It will have a fluval 406 running for a filter (works out to be roughly 7x turnover if I'm right). My idea so far is:

6 juvenille Haplochromis sp. Rock Kribensis ( From what I've been reading the sex ratio should be anywhere from 1:3 or 2:4. But correct me if I'm wrong)

5 juvenille Labidochromis freiberi (Not a hundred percent on sex ratio for these guys so if anyone has experience the help would be appreciated, from what I've seen its 1:3)

From what I've been reading online I should be able to put a third species in there as well but I have no idea what that should be.

Thanks

In a week or so, I'll be thinning out the herd in my 90gal at work. I know I'll have an excess of near-mature Yellow Labs with a decent sex ratio, and I have a tonne of Pseudo. acei - many are sexable (I'm very strongly considering moving my breeders, if you want mature fish). I have a few juvie Lab. sp. perlmutt. The other Adults I have would probably be heavily skewed to males - doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for.

In a 55gal, you'll probably want to stay with smaller cichlids (like the ones you've listed and ones I suggested), so make sure to look up max size before purchasing something that'll quickly outgrow your tank - I'd stay away from fish that have a max size listed at 8"+ (most aquarium specimens rarely reach their full potential).