Just Like "the Mob", It Always Pulls You Back In.

Dino52

Hello All,

Eight years ago I thought I was over and done with the hobby. After 35 years I sold off over three thousand gallons of tanks, fish and equipment. Moved on. Over and forever out. Then, it happened. Something drew me to aquarium sites. Just browsing for interest sakes I said. Then it was "just browsing" at fish stores in other cities. Just something to kill time. Then it happened. I saw an add for some Hoplacharis Psitticus fry. I had always wanted those fish, but could never find them. One tank I said. I bought eight fry and arranged to have someone bring them from Winnipeg. Hmmm, no tank, can't keep them in the bathtub. Little looking and found a 180 gallon setup for a cheap price. All was well. One tank, thats it.

Then the Psitticus grew, paired off and bred. One more tank for some fry, what could it hurt. Eighteen months later, I have the 180, a ten foot long 230 gallon that I just had to have, couple nineties, a 75 and some twenties. What the hell is happening?????

Next thing I knew I attended two giant auctions in consecutive weeks. First Saskatoon and then Calgary. Saw old friends, it was great. Many deals on nice plants and fish. I am toast. Just like you can never leave the "Mob" i was dragged back into the hobby. Oh well, I will just give in and keep it at the tanks I have now. No more, just those. Hmmm, now I learn there is another giant auction in Edmonton in a couple of weeks. I just happen to be in Calgary that weekend for a football game Saturday and it can't be that much of detour to go through Edmonton on the way back to Regina.

I am glad to be back in the water and look forward to new challenges in the hobby.