Stocking Rams Inquiry

So had to move my apistos over to my 35G as they were being jerks, the one pair basically were kicking the Bolivians out of every cave/hidey hole (6 in total). In turn I moved the GBR pair over to the 60G (4' by 13"). Each ram pair has now claimed a cave on the opposite ends of the tank. Ideally I'd like to add another pair of each ram but am wondering if this would be doable especially if breeding started? Currently has around 20-25 sterbai Cory's (mostly sub adults), 4 stiphodon gobies plus pair of each ram. Running an AC 70 & 30, with temp at 78F. I will be rehoming some of the sterbai corys. So please some info, 1 more pair of each or just 1 more pair of either, personal experiences of pitfalls most welcome.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

You would likely be okay to house another pair. Assuming that you have plenty of spawn sites for them clustered near each end and the center of the tank. Maybe be ready with dividers or thick fake plants if you need to block line of sight.

I love gbr's but, I've never been able to have long term success with them. I did find that two females per one male kept spawn aggression from wearing on the females. If you've got one to one, expect the female to become stressed fairly quickly.

If you do get eggs, and you want to keep them, I think the cories would have to go as they would likely eat the eggs.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Might have to see for first spawn on GBR's, the Bolivians have spawned before with corys in the tank and defended well until free swimming than they ate them.I'll let the GBR's have a turn to see what they do. If neither do well, I'll be doing the artificial hatch route. I'm going to be dropping the corys number down to 10. I have plastic mesh I can use for dividers if necessary. Really like to add another pair of Bolivians as they seem to spawn better with more conspecifics. Thanks!

Like Cullen mentioned, I'd go with more females. It's hard to tell with Bolivian rams, but if you have a known supply, I'd add just females - one or two of each spp.