Hello, New To Aquatica!

Marimogirl

Hello,

My husband and I recently started a new 20G aquatic tank. We were inspired when we were travelling to Asia and saw many aquatic tanks with beautiful aquascaping.

Our tank is now growing some aquatic plants, glossostigma and flame moss, and currently have three little otoclinus catfish, and four cherry red shrimp. We are really interested in developing this more with aquatic plants and shrimp!

Are there other suggestions for fish or aquatic animals that work well with shrimp? This forum seems really knowledgeable and I look forward to learning more for you!

Hi Marimogirl,

Welcome to AA! quite a few aquascapers and shrimp keepers on here. I only do shrimp only tanks but I know a few ppl here keep them in heavily planted tanks with with smaller fishes and bottom feeders

I keep Endlers and Cory catfish with my shrimp in my 20 and 19 gallon tanks. I have a 90gallon with Bolivian Rams and cherry reds shrimp living together, although I don't recommend trying this. I only have this mix because the tank has a heavy carpet of plants the shrimp hide in.

Hello. I’m also new to the forums. I have a densely planted tank and have been keeping amano shrimp with my small rasboras for years with no problem. Small community fish shouldn’t be a threat to the shrimp in your tank.