Cabomba Rooting

Vimmer

Having trouble getting cabomba to take root. Growing like crazy along with wisteria, red ludwigia, and some swordtail all of which have rooted well and quick. The cabin bombs seems to grow well at the top then bottom breaks up and it winds up floating. Simple gravel substrate but no signs of roots on bottoms that keep rotting and breaking. Have cut it down and attached to a pebble to keep down but same results. Could it be time of year? Have read that in nature cabomba breaks up in the fall depositing prices on river bed and that these pieces Regrow new plants in spring

I doubt very much that your aquarium grown Cabomba knows it's fall lol. I find this happens with stem plants all the time, I've been cleaning up the bottom of a neglected 20 tall and I found the beautiful rotala I was growing was completely rotted off at the bottom and was just floating there. I think this is also more prevalant with stem plants that don't get light down to the substrate. I've got Pogostomen erectus and rotala wallichii growing in a 20 long and the light gets down that far for now. No problems rotting off yet, they are even keeping their leaves hahahaha

Not exactly heavily planted tank(kinda thin actually) and some other stems rooted extremely well. Two more popped out in last 24 hours so gonna just let me float til they root or die. Was planning on getting hornwort for floating for hatchetfish but if this stuff won't stay down ....

• 2 weeks later...