Veggie Based Food Help Please

Just keep in mind that some plant matter can also be high in protein, so what it really comes down to is how your fish assimilate the protein that you are feeding. As an example, dried spirulina typically contains 55-70% crude protein.

This is another flake that might interest you, but the crude fat content is on the higher side at a minimum of 11%.

http://www.omegasea.net/products/nutrition/super-kelp-flakes

Ingredients:

Whole Kelp, Spirulina, Whole Salmon, Halibut, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Whole Herring, & Shrimp), Wheat flour, Wheat Gluten, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative),Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:

Min. Crude Protein…..33%
Min. Crude Fat…….…11%
Max. Crude Fiber….….2%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………...10%
Min. Phosphorus…....(0.5%)
Min. Omega 3 ……….. 2%
Min. Omega 6………....1%

I've been using AlgaeMax for a couple of months now with my Tropheus, likely after seeing RD suggest it. They go absolutely crazy for the small pellets. I was still using the HBH wafers a couple times a week just to watch them eat their "family" meals. Anyways, I'm super happy this far with the AlgaeMax, give it a shot :)