Stocking 25G Ideas?

Shiloh27

Starting from scratch in my 25 gal, looking for any ideas and advice. It will be a planted tank, with driftwood or lava rock. I like gourami and angels, but not sure which type may be easier to keep. Was thinking along the line of either tetras or rasboras. I already have mollies, platys, guppies and swords in another larger tank, so looking for something different. Would like lots of color and movement, something my little daughters can enjoy watching.

I have Cardinal tetra, Dwarf neon rainbows, Ember tetra, Harlequin rasboras, and Green tiger barbs in my large community tank which brings a lot of color to the tank. You could get Celestial Pearl Danios but they are very shy and will try to hide on the bottom behind plant and ornaments.

How about 15 pygmy corys, 10 daisy blue ricefish. The rice fish are extremely active, brightly colored except males go blue/black when ready to spawn. Look lovely against a planted back ground.

How about 15 pygmy corys, 10 daisy blue ricefish. The rice fish are extremely active, brightly colored except males go blue/black when ready to spawn. Look lovely against a planted back ground.

This would work really well. The pygmy's if you plant the tank heavy won't be shy or scared of little rice fish and will school like crazy if you have 10+. They look very cool when they school.

Now that I have some ideas, I need to find some plants. Would like to get it planted soon, but have been spending lots on tanks lately. Need to find cheap if I can. I have some driftwood but need to pre-soak it and make sure it won't float. Will be in Edmonton mid-February, so hoping to get the fish then. Gives me a bit of time to prepare the tank. Anyone know a good place in or near Calgary for plants?

What would you suggest for plants in a tank with these guys? I don't have CO2, but might in the near future. Can't spend a lot, so hoping to find some on here cheap.

I can easily load you up on free plants. As far as stocking suggestions I am really fond of diamond tetras, they have striking colour and are always on the move especially of you have a strong current.

As far as plant suggestions go, take and try anything you can get for free as a start. What are you looking for, stems, carpet, grass, cryps, red, bright green, dark green, moss? Just remember fishclub girl is who you want to talk to if you want duckweed.

I can easily load you up on free plants. As far as stocking suggestions I am really fond of diamond tetras, they have striking colour and are always on the move especially of you have a strong current.

As far as plant suggestions go, take and try anything you can get for free as a start. What are you looking for, stems, carpet, grass, cryps, red, bright green, dark green, moss? Just remember fishclub girl is who you want to talk to if you want duckweed.

Not really sure what I wanted, probably something that gets taller in the back and shorter fuller plants in forefront. I would like to try getting something to grow on driftwood. Sorry, I don't know many names yet, very new to planted tanks. I have amazon sword, anubias, and java moss in my other tanks. So probably looking for any stems, grass, mostly greens and maybe moss.

If you can get me some for free that would be great. Where are you located?

Crowfoot area, I have some fairly easy plants that will work, vals, hygro, ludwigia and cryps. If you have anubias it grows quite well on wood just use an elastic band to secure it to the wood until it attaches itself. I can also give you more anubias if you want.

This is kind of off topic and should probably be on another thread but I wonder how plants transition from hi tech to low tech.