Finally Found The Perfect Tetra For My Hastatus Tank

Found these beauties, strangely enough at petsmart. Normally don't touch their fish but had been looking for them awhile after a fellow fish keeper *cough syno321 cough* tantalized me about a tetra that looks like my fave cory. Interestingly enough they were labeled panda tetras, they fast active and my hastatus are so much more social with them. Finally out of quarantine after a month, bought 30 (25 survived I expected a lot less considering the store) @ a whopping $2 each.

post-5607-0-07447600-1429235582_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-63045800-1429235599_thumb.jpg

I live near Edmonton so I tend to frequent aquarium only stores instead of chain petstores, even then prefer local breeders/importers. But my location does enable me to be lucky enough to be choosy

Sometimes you can find some decent stock, I dont frequent them often. But you can sometimes get much better prices.

My Bala Sharks (Large) Came from Petsmart on 17th street. I got them for $12 each whereas at Big Als ones quite a bit smaller were $50?!

Same story with the electric blue crayfish.

I live near Edmonton so I tend to frequent aquarium only stores instead of chain petstores, even then prefer local breeders/importers. But my location does enable me to be lucky enough to be choosy

I'm down in southeast corner of the province and aquarium only store is not an option which is exactly why I never leave Calgary empty handed when I do go. Trying to change the lack of local breeders by becoming one. Success with the halfbeaks now is encouraging. Think I need to let the rainbows mature a little more for viable hatching there.