I Need Help Starting My Planted Tank

redcherrybarb

I actually wrapped some around my filter intake last night because my Kribensis spawn are 8 days old and extremely adventurous, much to the dismay of their panicking parents.

I could actually keep the plastic form of the Aqueon cartridge and sew on the floss, making my own for pennies a sheet! Thank you So much for telling me about polyester quilt batting.

LOL! I had a panty hose on there to begin with but the draw was still really strong and I was scared the little guys would get stuck on the nylons if they got too close.

The fry are everywhere! Sometimes I see them up at the top of the tank in the bubbles. And then I have to shut the pump off until they go back down

• 1 month later...

The tank is planted and is growing crazy. I even made a diy co2 reactor just to try out co2. My plants went bezzerk. I'm taking inches worth of growth in days.

It finished the dreaded diatom stage a few weeks ago and now my tank is actually starting to look pretty amazing.

Can't wait for the Amazon swords to take off.

And I didn't worry about getting all the snails off my plants. Gives the assassins something to eat :)