6Ft Led Lights Canada

DevonCichlid

Does anyone know of a supplier of actual 6ft LED aquarium fixtures in Canada? I have a 4ft on both of mine but would prefer full coverage. I've seen them on Aquatraders but haven't heard any feedback so just checking on here. I'm also not looking for super expensive models, it's just for lighting and not for growth.

Oh who was it.. Someone on AA used those LED flexible rolls to make a cost effective light setup for their shrimp rack. I bet you can buy those in lengths of 6' and longer. Just wire em together in parallel and have a half decent power supply.

I have pretty happy with my DIY LED strips. The LED strips were great (get the 5630 or higher version) but the power supplies are pretty crappy if you are pushing the higher power draw like I am. But I will be re-purposing some computer power supplies which should be better

see my thread: http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=43168

Hey Jumpsmasher, have you noticed any LED dimming ? How do they do for growing plants?

the only ones i notice so far have been the first batch of "waterproof" strips, the epoxy that they coat them with seems to turn a bit yellow over time so it seems to affect the brightness. The second batch of double density ones with no waterproof coating are still going strong.

I think they are fine for plants.. the double density 5630 i have are very bright, just add more strips if you want high light, although I won't use them for deep tanks; you will need proper lens to focus the light more.

If the power supplies are crapping out, you may want to look at your design. Major issue would be too much heat.

If the power supplies are crapping out, you may want to look at your design. Major issue would be too much heat.

Yup I have redone some of the wiring to carry less load but at the end of the day the power supply is just not a very good quality or can deliver a constant power under load (even if the load was under the spec). I will be splitting the load up between multiple power supply units.