CO2 Cylinder

Milan

I heard that the paintball C02 cylinders have some kind of oil in them therefore may not be the best for a tank.

My C02 bottle I use is a 10lb that I bought from OxyPro. I believe I paid $100 for the bottle and refills are around $1/lb. Not bad at all.

I work only 3 blocks form OxyPro... think maybe I'll make the switch from my 14oz to a bigger tank - save myself a lot of time. Maybe I'll stick the small tank on my 29 gal, or set up a 15 or 10 gal - got both of them sitting empty in the basement right now (is that a sin in the aquarium hobby??? :-s).

I heard that the paintball C02 cylinders have some kind of oil in them therefore may not be the best for a tank.

My C02 bottle I use is a 10lb that I bought from OxyPro. I believe I paid $100 for the bottle and refills are around $1/lb. Not bad at all.

I've heard that too, but I was thinking if you buy it new/empty, you don't have to fill it with oiled gas, unless at the filling places you don't have such option. I'm more concerned about mechanical compatibility with regulators.

Paintball CO2 is no different than any other grade of CO2 - no oil added.

That myth comes from back in the day when daisy air rifles had their little CO2 bottles that did contain oil.

SERA sells a CO2 system based on a paintball tank - Karen's running one on one of her tanks.

Andy

I've been using the SERA tank for a couple of years now. Nice small size makes it easy to keep hidden. Great for tanks 33 gal or less... I'm finding that I may want to upgrade to something bigger for my 55 gal.