24 gallon cube

Starry

Putting this here as I don't know how to start a journal thread and would also like some input.

Tank is a jbj 24 with a aquaclear 70 just running foam (until I get an eheim classic canister). lighting is stock reef light with expired 105w quad pc. light is old so has shifted out of the blue spectrum slightly and is more yellowish. I have a 18"  Sunblaster with reflector on order .So picked up 2 bags of  flourite, covered that with pool filter sand. Got a few nice pieces of wood, one is the Malaysian wood, no sure about the bigger piece. The Malaysian has some anubias on it while I covered the larger branchy piece with java fern. There is also 2 different types of crypt, some H. polysperma, 1 stem H. Difformis, a little bit of jungle val, 2 little pieces of  corkscrew val (all lfs had left) 4-5 micro sword in front till I find something better.also 1 Rose Sword. 1 plant I don't know what it is, nor did the guy at the shop. will post pic of it in future. someone gave me some ricca that I have floating in a guppy breeder cage till I decide what to do with it. Dosing flourish excel and flourish untill I make a diy co2 system using the sodas and citric acid method

Only fish atm is a blue and red dumbo betta.

Once tank is stable I will be adding:

6 panda cories,

8 cardinal tetras,

3 Ottos

10 cherry shrimp

1 Sidthimunki Botia Loach

Anyhow here is what I have so far:

20170305_142026[1].jpg

Edited by Starry
add pic

Pretty sure dosing excel will kill the shrimp as it contains copper. also pretty sure the betta, loach and cories will also eat the shrimp. I wouldn't add ottos to any tank that you can still see through the sides and back, they need a ton of nasty algae to munch on.

looks like your pic is a dud try and edit the pic.

trying to delete that post but wont let me.

ok nix the loach then. pretty sure cories wont eat adult shrimp.

Ottos will also eat  zucchini, cucumber nori or algae wafers. Foe snacks they can eat what ever algea the can find in the tank.

Further fish additions are a few weeks off anyhow.