Ribo15

Looking for cycled filter media

Hi there, I’m newish to the fish game and was sold too many fish for my tank. Now I’m having trouble keeping up with the ammonia. I was told by a salesperson at a fish store that if I posted on here someone might sell me some cycled sponges they have in there filters. (Because he said some people do that here) anyways not sure where I should post this but thinking this is the right spot. I’m from Fort Saskatchewan but can travel around edmonton to get it. Thanks!

I won't be home today, but I could supply a bit. I'm just off Whitemud and 50st. If you don't get any other response, try the Edmonton Freshwater group on FB..

I have lots....west end Edmonton 

john

This is a dangerous game to play my friend because you can very easily introduce disease into your tank. 

There is a producted called Prime made by seachem. It can reduce the toxic effects off amonia but be sure to use sparingly as you also need the ammonia to cycle your tank.

I say just do frequent water changes. 10-20% every 3 days until you feel your tank is cycled.

Dont risk bringing disease home or else you will be in for more issues than a non cycled tank!!!