Tequila goodeids numbers finally going up

sailfinja

Had 8 pairs of year plus adults from a single female who died after she gave birth. Last week at the Edmonton auction I sold two of the pairs. At the time I also had approximately 15 youngsters growing out in a tank by themselves. Three days ago had a drop of about 15, today I got another drop of 16 and also have 2 females in two breeding nets who should drop in a couple of days. One other female is also ready to drop but I have no place to put her, she is in a tank with  other adults and some ilyodon furcidens, so young will be eaten unless one of the other two drops first and then I could transfer her to the net. Before I use to let them have the young in their tanks but none ever survived. The tanks are well planted with plenty of places to hide, but even if there were only tequilas in the tank the fry would all be gone within a few days.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Female dropped in a breeding trap two weeks ago. She didn't look too large so I wasn't expecting much in the way of numbers. Today I moved the fry out of the trap. To my surprise there were 37 in there. Livebearer mesh trap approximately 4x8", with guppy grass

Edited by sailfinja