aphyosemion manginatum

maligne

I recently picked up a group of aphyosemion manginatum. Killi fish. I'm going to try to breed them. They are in my comunity tank now but I'm going to set up a breeding tank.

Can different varieties of killifish live in a community together? I'm thinking of building a killi only community aquarium.

Once I get the breeding going and I have a good group I'd love to trade for other colour varieties.

I'm now setting up a 15 gallon species only tank. For these killis. I found out that they are a west African Gabon variety. I would love some recommendations on the build. If interested look for the post in the community forum as I may add some Cory's later on

Find out what your killis s spawn in - if it's peat, just have a shallow container available (like cream cheese or sour cream) so you can take it out to harvest the eggs - I had a few that I'd rotate through when I kept peat-spawners 20yrs ago. If they're mop spawner or eg scattering, I like using nylon or polyester yarn as it won't break down - get a darker color so it's easy to see the eggs.

Bushy plants like hornwort and is nice, and floating plants like water lettuce and Salvinia sp. are good as well.

I have the tank set up with some salvinia, floating anubius and a bit of fire moss attache to drift wood. They seem to really like to swim around in the roots on the floating anubius. I haven't found out what kind of spawners they are just yet