Black Sand

ronrca

In regard to the setup of the tank, its unbelievable how many ideas ppl have. I have seen so many awesome setups its overwhelming. I have limited my selection to 2 setups. Here they are!

Of course I will not be able to duplicate them and have no desire of however trying for a similar look I suppose. The backgrounds are diy stryofoams which I will try to give it a go.

post-45-1131126654_thumb.jpg

Yes, those backgrounds look awesome. If I had a 24" wide tank, I'd have gone the same route.

BTW - this is what Target pfs sand looks like under natural light. (when wet)

sand1.jpg

now under aquarium lighting ......

sand3.jpg

and this is what the sand in Lake Tanganyika looks like .....

sand5.jpg

That should give you a rough idea of how Target compares to the actual substrate found in the Rift lakes.

Very nice! I also check out some of the biotope pics, Tom Nurses included. Yep! You've convinced me that it looks good! :)

Here is another view of the above tank.

Also, here is a link of an amazing styro diy background.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.ph...ighlight=temple

Certainly not exactly what Id put in as a background but.......wow

I may not actually use the whole back of the tank for a background. Might get too much and I dont want to decrease the 18" too however near the corner of the tank Id like to use something similar to the above pics to help hide the equipment like the overflow. For example in the first pic I may not put any rocks in the middle of the background, just on the sides plus with overhangs, wow!

post-45-1131128077_thumb.jpg

Edited by ronrca

Here is a revised pic on what Im thinking of. The actual rocks will vary however you kind of get the idea on the background particularily in the corners. Not to say that this styrofoam will actually work for me though.

post-45-1131129217_thumb.jpg

Edited by ronrca

Thanks Nev for the info. Have any idea perhaps when your fish will be breeding?

Its funny... this time tomorrow night i will be at WEM on my honeymoon.

any ways...

The F1's that i have right now may breed any time soon... possibly even before i get back from Vegas as the male is really going after the female! The rest of the saulosi that i have bought from gold's are about (at least) 6 months from being able to hold...

it could be a while...

i'm slowly working at it...

keep an eye out on the buy sell... or PM me when you have your tank up in the new year... and i'll let you know what i have!

This is why i have picked saulosi out of all possible Mbuna... I hope to share them with everyone!

nev

Edited by nevchewy