eggs -source and what to do?

Mbuna Ron

I have a 90 gall. heavily planted tank with diamond tetras, cardinal tetras., rainbows. a few danios, tiger barbs, gold barbs, a rosy barb, odessa barbs, clown loaches and bristlenose plecos.

I just received a second and third batch of small white/clearish eggs attached to the top of val in clusters of about 25-30. The first batch has not hatched after about a week. Any idea of the source and what I can do to hatch them?? I do have a separate 10 gall. for fry grow-out I could put the eggs in.

That sounds like snail eggs to me. All of those fish, except the plecos, are egg scatterers, and pleco eggs are largish and yellow/orange.

Hmmmm... I think apple snails usually lay their eggs above the water line. Could be wrong about that tho :huh:

Think you might have some pond or ramshorn snails that stoed in on your plants?

No absolutely none...plus the last 2 clusters of eggs occurred within one week of the first cluster. Actually the last two are slightly smaller eggs than the first one.