Fried fry tank

Vallisneria

Well today i woke up to a tank full of dead fry :( Every single one o fmy 30 ocellatus fry were dead. The only survivor is the 1 rustie fry that was living in there with them.

The heater broke and the temp was around 90*. I notice the tank felt a bit warmer when i did a water change on friday but when i added a thermometer it read around 80*(normal for the tank). I guess the temp was jsut beginning to climb. Then i completely forgot about it as the fish looked fine all weekend and were eating like normal. I even fed them before bed and they all looked great.

I was using a 100w preset compact thermal heater that i had left over from taking down another tank. It doesn't look cracked, or broken in anyway it jsut seems to have decided to heat this tank to the extreme. I will definately be sticking to ebo-jager heaters from now on,never had any problems with them.

Well, i just needed to vent as i'm pretty mad about loosing that tank. I had been raising the fry for about 6 months now and they were just about ready to sell. Oh well what can you do :(

Yes i do have a thermometer. I added it to the tank when i felt it was a bit hot but it didn't read any higher then normal so i thought it was jsut me thinking it felt to hot. Then i forgot to check it again later and by the next day it was to late.

Atleast the last little rustie is still alive.