AC 200....33 gallon planted tank

cgmac

Circulating CO2 mist throughout the tank has done wonders! Plants are pearling all week long (if I keep the ferts up). With your new reactor set-up, make a loop of airline tubing from the side of the gravel tube (at the top where the CO2 accumulates) and run it into the venturi or intake of your powerhead. Maybe mount it under your AC, so it can send the mist throughout the tank.

Just some ideas based on my own experience.

Jvision.....can you post a pic of your 29 gallon planted discus tank??

I have always been told that a tank that small is too small for a discus pair, which I would love to have, they are my favorite fish to look at ! Sorry for turning this post into something other than what I started ....about my filter....but I'm interested in what you have to say about the discus tank ! Thanks

I don't see why would you need the ladder diffuser, if you have a power reactor. The last one, if properly designed, should be sufficient.

Further, the required bubbling rate (CO2 production) varies from tank to tank (volume, plants bio mass, ...). You can't tell that a bubble every 2-3 sec is enough, unless you actually measured the CO2 level in your tank and. Accordingly, the reactor must be designed/sized to deal efficiently with the amount of gas produced. Just as an example, my bubbling rate is 2-3 bubbles/sec (as consistently as DIY can do), giving me about 25-30 ppm of CO2.

It's not much to look at. It's just 1 discus in w. a bunch of Hygro. polysperma "sunset" and a piece of drifwood. This guy has not beem faring well in the 55 gal, so I gave him a tank of his own.

I'll post a pic in the Pics section when I get home, tho.

If he doesn't make it, I'll be converting the tank into my first ever SW!! :o

Maybe mount it under your AC, so it can send the mist throughout the tank.

I would advice against this. Do not combine your filtration with CO2 diffusion! Bringing enough gas into impeller chamber can stall the water flow, and you end up with two failures, no filtration being the worse one.

QUOTE (jvision)

Maybe mount it under your AC, so it can send the mist throughout the tank.

I would advice against this. Do not combine your filtration with CO2 diffusion! Bringing enough gas into impeller chamber can stall the water flow, and you end up with two failures, no filtration being the worse one.

Yes, I should have been more clear. I was not advocating that you have the reactor near the AC intake. Instead, to have the AC output help circulate the CO2 rich water throughout the tank.