Do snail eggs munch on CO2?

Milan

It's been several weeks since I noticed some jelly-like whitish stuff which smells fishy inside my CO2 reactor. I kept washing it off, but it reappears after a couple of days again. Interesting thing is that it always happens around the nozzle (air stone) where CO2 bubbles enter the reactor chamber. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it is snail eggs. But why nowhere else but around the CO2 source? Could it be that snail eggs actually like CO2, and perhaps feed (breath, or whatever ...) on it?

Last night I soaked the whole reactor in a strong solution of Potassium Permanganate for a good 30 minutes, and rinsed it thoroughly afterwards, just to make sure there are none left. Hope that will do the trick, but still it puzzles me if there is some connection between snail eggs and CO2.

Anyone who experienced this too?

Are you using pressurized CO2 or DIY w. yeast? I've found often on my DIY reactor, there's a bit of a build-up (only noticed it on the Hagen ladder, tho). The Otos like the stuff.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's from the yeast. It does look a bit like snail eggs, except its more opaque. It may actually be a type of bacteria. You ever have a Green algae bloom that wasn't really green? It's bacteria. I think it's feeding on the excess sugars that probably dissolve a bit in the CO2.

It's been a couple of days since I soaked everything in PP, and it reappears AGAIN! This is convincing me it is really the yeast, or whatever comes out of the generator bottle together with CO2 ... I'll try to put a gas separator, and if that doesn't help, I guess I will have to live with it ...