My trip stateside

BlkWolfe

As some of you know my wife just recently received her permanent residence status in Canada, and after 14 months away from home, it was time for a little road trip B)

During the trip we headed down to my mother-in-laws condo near St. Pete's in Florida (this will fill the required fish portion for posting on a fish forum), and a couple cool detours i had to throw pics up of.

Left Edmonton tuesday. wednesday evening and 24.5 hours of driving later... hello Chicago

post-34-1133507193_thumb.jpg

Had grouper for lunch one day at a dockside restaurant (John's Pass is the largest supplier of grouper in north america), all the time being tended to very closely by these little moochers

At one point there were two great blue herons and three of the smaller whites lined up less than 3 feet from our table waiting for scraps. None came.

post-34-1133508221_thumb.jpg

and only seeing these on TV, i was pretty much speachless by how tame and friendly these stingrays were...

Crappy picture, but they would pass by and come up to the surface to glide against your palms and arms. Absolutly smooth with a small bump almost like sandpaper every square inch

post-34-1133508601_thumb.jpg