My box turtle

Vallisneria

While i was taking pics of my fish my turtle came out to see what was going on. So i decided to take a pic of him too :) His name is Petry and i've had him for about 4 years. I got him off this girl that couldn't keep him anymore. She didn't take very good care of him( thats why his shell is flaky and his beak looks weird). He is really cute though and is fun to have around.

petrydec26.jpg

Here is a pic of his new home(sorry its blurry). Its one of those stock tanks I got from AquaGiant.I just removed the dividers and built a hood. He quite enjoys his new home. He has much more room to roam around now.

petryhouse.jpg

Out of curiosity do they care where they are?

I have a Marginated tortoise that I am contemplating putting down stairs as it is warmer. Sometimes I just feel bad about it for some reason. Like he will miss me.. Having said that they are supposed to be solitary animals and really could care less.

Out of curiosity do they care where they are?

I'm not sure if they really care or not but petry is very interactive with people. When i'd go into the storage room he would run up to the glass and check stuff out. Now that he is in the family room i noticed he is out and about more. Roaming around and going up to the glass to see whats happening.

As long as they have all they need(food, water, house) i think they are happy.

• 1 month later...