Tonina Plant Source required

Garhan

You know what Garhan .. I've been always wondering where do those guys with beautiful tanks get their plants from ... Can't be from LFS regular stock. Look at our stores. Selection is scarce, and often neglected, quality wise. You can't trade across the border, so where is the solution ...?

By reading an article on APC, I have come to a conclusion that if you are in a need for specific species of plant, the only way is to place a custom order with whoever deals with major producers. Here in Canada we are lucky that we have Tropica represented (no such luck in US, because of USDA regulations). I have found out that it is possible to place a special order with Tropica distributors I mentioned before, but the only obstacle I can foresee is their ability (say willingness) to notify you of the arrival in timely fashion.

I would be very interested if someone have any experiences in such trade. Please, come forward with advice ...

I believe Rudy Kerns is a Tropica importer - I think he's speaking at this months ACE meeting.

Henry at Nature's Corner recently got in a bunch of plants that I haven't seen around for a while - some I've never seen!

I was just at Dads and there is nothing there of any unusual or uncommon macrophytes.The exsisting stock has also been there for sometime as it is noticable in the plants themself's.

:huh:-_-

As for Rudy keep in mind that he is a wholesaler and not a retailer. His buisness survives on large retail store purchases and wouldnt likely sell to private buyers that only have a tank or two. I dont think he would jeoprodizy his wholesale customer base. Nor should he for a couple of bucks from an enthusiast.

Garhan

Edited by Garhan

No, I wouldn't expect Rudy to do anything like that. I was just mentioning that he's a source... Maybe getting an LFS to get something from him. Or, maybe he'll take a bulk order from a bunch of us???