New cube

Murminator

Well here is going to be my 1st dip in cichids the tank has been cycling almost a month now levels are fine so this weekend I'm going to put some danios in to help cycle some more.

I am probably going to need a little help through this I know I know it is not an ideal tank for cichlids but its the best I got. So far the only fish I am set on is an electric yellow labs I would like something blue and red also

cube2.jpg

cube.jpg

rock.jpg

... I know it is not an ideal tank for cichlids but its the best I got.

You said that right... footprint is very important to establishing territories and you're going to have to be very carefull when selecting 1) number of fish and 2) temperments. Incompatibility or over stocking that footprint and you'll end up with scales flying.

I am certainly not one of the best ones (I hardly even rank as a 'bad one') to ask about what will 'fit' or how many of them to have... but I do know that you should tread lightly and maybe consider something else in that particular tank that will enjoy the space, more.

A blue crayfish would ADORE that tank!

Anybody any links to colorful shellies? I am more concerned on color than anything.

Shellies in that tank would be murder... literally. They are very active bulldozers and will fashion the substrate according to their tastes, completely undermining your rockwork.

"Fall go boom, squish, crack, splash."

Anybody any links to colorful shellies?

I wouldn't really say any of the shellies are perticularly colorful. L.occellatus is one of the coloerful species

But i have to agree with Tanker. Thattank is not the best for shellies, its too high with not a very large footprint. Shelles stick close to the ground and need a tank with a big foot print instead of height. They are also really fiesty and in a tank with such a small bottom they will fight.

You still didnt' say what size this tank is and tis dimensions.

Ok talked to some people at B.A they also said no. So now I'm thinks of south american dwafs, are these known as shellies also? I do already have bolivian rams in another tank that have spawned once, I think they may have spawned again because one hid inside a hollow log for a couple days. I do like german, and gold rams also. Maybe a collection of rams or some other dwarfs and maybe angel fish for the top half??

Here is a pic of one that muck posted it looks awesome

Apistogramma Cacatuoides 'Double Red'

cacatuoides.jpg