Best Fish in EDMONTON

DooberMan

We had a vendor re-view that was recently taken off this site. As a member of this site I find it hard to understand why the opinions of the members of this site do not matter enough to be left posted so all that are current members or new to join can gain from our opinions and experiences. I feel this is censorship, yes some people voiced their opinions about certain fish suppliers, but that is all they are.

FREEDOM OF SPEACH

:ml:

Guys please keep this on topic.

Big Al's seems like a good place to start.

People have been having problems with Big Al's fish lately(there are many threads about it).

What kind of fish are you looking for? Dad's fishroom http://www.natures.citymax.com/page/page/2469882.htm has the best fish in edmonton, although they don't have much for selection. I have found that since joining the Edmonton aquarium club and Alberta Aquatica i haven't had to buy many fish from the stores. Depending on what fish you are into you can find them from hobbiests and breeders.

- Oh i forgot to add that next month is also the ACE auction. You will find lots of nice fish for cheap there. www.fish-club.org

Personally I thought the fact that it said in the title of Vendor review " no bashing" that the mods were given the right to remove and remind people of just that. Statements that were nothing more than inflamatory off the cuff remarks should of been simply removed and the "offender" told why. Perhaps in any review a rating system similar to voting which would offer a consensus of what people thought of the particular LFS or supplier in confidence. I think we tossed out the baby with the bath water on this one.

PS Golds is still the best. IMO :)

Some vendor reviews could definately benefit from a "no bashing" policy, but in some cases what is seen as bashing may not be bashing at all, but the truth.

For example at Petland I was going to buy a red cray, the guy dropped the back with the cray in it, about a 5 foot drop. He just picked it up, and went to hand it to me. To which I replied, "Ummm, maybe we should check if he's dead or damaged", to which he replied, "Well if he's not dead it's fine", so we checked and his left claw and a leg had broken off in the bag, and he wasn't moving much. So I said, "I'll take the other one, instead" to which he replied, "Well this one's fine, he'll grow back his limbs", and he kept fighting me on it, so I just said nevermind, and went to Gold's instead. They didn't have reds, but at least they didn't try to dribble my bag and dunk it on me like Shaq on Kobe and tell me it's fine.

To me, saying that this guy is not suited working in a fish department, is not bashing, merely a truthful statment.

But I have a feeling if I posted a vendor review, and went on and on about the terrible service, lack of knowledge etc. it could be seen as bashing. But honestly, the only thing good I had to say about the whole situation is they had red cray's in stock. But 3 of them were dead and rotting in the tank. A local vendor however may see this and think it's slander, and complain.

Unfortunately to me, if you're a public business and you run it poorly, you have no right to complain about people talking about it.

Dang, there we all went and hi-jacked this thread. Doh!!! Mostly me, though.

-Hideo