I got hybrids

Spader

My Red Peacock male & All yellow Lab female bred. So What do you think these will look like? I don't know why he bred with her there is 3 females of his species in the tank. And the male L. caeruleus tried to get involved, but with not luck. I think I'll grow them out to see what they are like. Why did they breed though? The L. caeruleus male is second in command of the tank, the Red Peacock is first. Dominance? I have no idea.

So you acutally saw the peacocks breed with the lab? I've had my Lab perlmutt breed with a P.electra before. Although in my case the P.electra male didn't have any females of his own species to spawn with.

Are you sure your other lab is a male?

I'm not sure what they will look like. You can always grow them out to see. Just don't be giving away or selling them.

The all yellow lab is very low quality, she looks like a M. estherae that is yellow in colour. She even has a couple black spots throughout her body. I'm sure the Lab is male. I really have no idea what they'll look like but I'm going to grow a few out thats forsure.

What are you going to do with the ones that you grow out? Sure it's a great 'experiment', but culling fry is much easier for most people than culling fish that are larger and they've become attached too. :ph43r:

As far as why it would happen, I'd think that the breeding instincts of 'like with like' are about as messed up as possible when you're already starting with hybrids.

Got Preds? B) :hey:

Edited by African_Fever