Convicts spawned

Kaytania

My convicts have been destroying my layout of the tank for the last week or 2 and I now know why. They have been getting ready to spawn and I just found out that I have convict fry in the tank now. I was trying to clean the tank a little and she kept on attacking my hand and the equipment. I thought that she was just moody and then I talked to Travis and we found out that there or fry in there. I was just getting ready to move them from their temp tank to a larger tank over the next couple of weeks, but now I will have to wait a few more weeks to do that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations!!

I just found out an hour ago that both of my convicts have fry hidden, I gave both a very nice castle type thing to live in, in a 75 gallon long tank and they love it. No big fighting anymore, just a little chacing. What are you supposed to do with the fry after they start to get big?? I see at least twenty inside each home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, was having computer problems. Here is an update; from my first spawn I have 3 babies that survived. I am now on my second spawn and so far I have a lot more at this point then at the same point of my first spawn. I have the 3 from the first spawn seperated into a 10 gallon they are between 1 and 1.5 inches. My babies from the second spawn are roughly .5 of an inch. I will try to keep you updated.

I feel sorry for you now you will have thousands of the darn things cause they just wont stop. But you could grow them a little and feed them to bigger fish....lol

I think that I even got them to breed with the male in one tank and the feemale in the tank beside....lol

congrats anyhow and have fun with the hobby.

jason :guns: