Cichlids and planted tanks

lukep77

Sorry I forgot to mention, that they were from a previous post.

Yah I was going to consider them. But wanted to do a some research on my own and see what I came up with.

Thanks for that post Fogelhund , really got me thinking now.

Are any one these available locally or would I have to import them, or special order. I'm not overly concerned about which generation they are, as long as they are healthy. And juveniles are preferred, I would like to see them grow up.

Edited by lukep77

Nimbochromis venestus should be available at most "cichlid friendly" pet stores from time to time. Keep in mind that this is a fish that grows to 10", and can be quite "spirited".

Aulonocara baenschi is a very pretty fish, but a bit of a wimp. It wouldn't make a good tank mate for Nimbochromis venestus. Your better off choosing the similar Aulonocara sp. stuartgranti Maleri from Maleri Island.

So I have decided to start with a pair of these, Julidochromis regani, now does any one have juveniles. And preferably a male and a female?

And a pair of these Aulonocara baenschi, if any one has a male or female. Both juveniles, if possible.

Edited by lukep77