Taiwon reef pics

RDFISHGUY

Thanks for the compliments on the fish but the photographer deserves the credit . And the fish eats NLS. The third picture looks like it might be one of the ones I took. I must say that the quality of camera makes a huge difference. The real trick , however , is to know how to use it. Well done Sean. I'd use it as my avatar but I don't know how to get it on there. I'm basically computer illiterate. Did you get any of the other fish Sean? If there are any good ones you should post them. What kind of camera is that Sean? I think thats the next big fish purchase.But if the wife asks its to capture memories of the kids.

The third picture looks like it might be one of the ones I took. I must say that the quality of camera makes a huge difference. The real trick , however, is to know how to use it.

Ryan,

Well, since you asked here's one of the better ones you took:

aaj.jpg

The proper camera does make a big difference. You can get quite good pictures using a newer point and shoot but it’s easier with the right equipment undoubtedly.

Did you get any of the other fish Sean? If there are any good ones you should post them.

Afraid I really didn't, I tried to concentrate on that fish so I could drink beer and relax. I had already driven 6-1/2 hours at that point afterall. My shooting ability was probably at a low point.

What kind of camera is that Sean? I think thats the next big fish purchase.But if the wife asks its to capture memories of the kids.

The camera is a Nikon D50. It's the budget, or entry-line, camera in their DSLR lineup. It has some disadvantages but is hard to beat for the price.

I should mention that even though it's am entry level camera, it's really the photographer and the lenses that makes the biggest difference for the most part. Which is fairly obvious by your photos of course.

-Hideo

The funny part is : that picture is ten times better than any I've taken with my own camera . So with a good camera and a little practice I'm pretty sure I can do better than my first attempt.