Taiwon reef pics

RDFISHGUY

These are pictures of Ryans Protomelas sp. "steveni taiwan" which I took this weekend while out in Alberta. It was a very nice fish, though the depth of the tank and darker coloration of the fish presented some issues so I couldn't use my usual technique.

It was a very nice fish, though the depth of the tank and darker coloration of the fish presented some issues so I couldn't use my usual technique.

Turned out to be a good thing for me. Sean shows off one of his best assets when taking pictures!

though the depth of the tank and darker coloration of the fish presented some issues so I couldn't use my usual technique.

Loosely translated - I need 3 hands in order to hold a beer, a remote flash, and a camera, all at the same time. :lol:

Nice shots Sean, and great looking fish Ryan.

I really like the second photo, it's rare that in aquarium photos you get any interesting movement or action. The way you captured it, seems like the fish knows what you're doing and is showing off.

-Hideo

The second one is a great shot!

you've done it agian Sean!

He actually needs 4 hands to do the job correctly though...

1 to hold the camera, 1 to hold the flash, 1 to hold a beer, and the other to feed the hottest death fire chicken wings one could find...

nev

I'm pretty sure that the second pic was taken behind his back, while chugging his last beer & winking at Ellie.

...you forgot that I was also doing a backflip.

I really like the second photo, it's rare that in aquarium photos you get any interesting movement or action.

That's typically a stylistic choice. You'll notice with many of the series I've posted, if it's a lone fish it's typically a profile shot so the fish can be shown properly, but if I have multiple shots then I usually look to get some interesting movement.