My planted community tank

chloeclose

Here are some pics of my 55g, it has 2.5watts/gallon right now...

soon to be upgraded to 4.3 watts thanks to freshmike!! :thumbs: I just recently hooked up pressurized CO2.

Keep in mind that this is my first planted tank and I still have lots to learn... and this is after a MAJOR trim...

55wholetank.jpg

55aftertrimwholetank.jpg

55banditandbow.jpg

Thanks for looking! B)

That is a beautiful tank, way to go. I love the contrast and it's very well blended. Also, the use of species, where you didn't overkill as some do by putting too many different varieties so it looks like a petshop display. I could learn a thing or two about organising my plants better, that is if i had any left, lol. I am sure you will put those plants in your low light tank to good use as well, most of them are very fast growers although most of the contrast in a low light tank is more light green to brownish red.

I have never done planted tanks since I returned to the hobby,aprox 2 yrs ago, but looking at your beautiful setup has given me the inspiration to at least give it a try in the near future.

Just a lovley tank, Chldeclose :wub:

Tom.

WOW :drool:

That is spectacular. Like I said that didnt take you long, but really overnight. (Inside joke)

All seriousness, very well done. As oxquo mentioned a great mix and porportional mix. Nice colouring and plants are set well to draw your attention to the sides of the tank. your ying and yang are balanced. I see the foreground is still growing in. I would encourage you to send another photo when it is in thick and lush. the tank would take on a different appearance at that point. really curious to see it.

Cheers,

Garhan

Not being kind either,(lol) it truely is a nice setup.

Aww thanks guys!! B) It truly means a lot to hear such kind words from people I have such respect for.

LOL @ Garhan... yeah I just went home last night and planted all that in less than an hour!! :P

For Nat... in the left and right back corners there is Rotala Wallichi, in the front left that is Echinodorus tenellus aka dwarf hairgrass ( I need more!), in between the rotala and the hairgrass on the left is Ludwigia Repens, next over is java fern on the driftwood and the big red plant is I BELIEVE Alternanthera reineckii ''lilacina'' I say believe because although it is pinker than my other red plant the leaf shape looks more like the purple variety, likewise the other red plant on the other side is dark purple/red but leaf shape is more like Alternanthera reineckii ''roseafolia'' or the pink variety...:well:

there is also some Vallisneria americana var. biwaensis in the back on the left side but it is not doing so well for me. In the middle back is Hygrophila polysperma and in the center front is Anubias nana petite and Anubias nana 'regular', next is the HUGE clump of java fern on another piece of driftwood, beside that is the other red plant which I already mentioned, the plant in front right corner is a Echinodorus uruguayensis it doesn't do as well as I'd like it to either... but has improved since I started the CO2.

I don't do anything to my water except use CO2 which drops the pH from 7.8 to 7.6, and my water is very hard as well.

I can't wait to get that new light fixture hooked up!! and get going with the ferts... THEN I will be growing some mean plants!!ride.gifshakin.gif :smilebig:

If you require any more tenellus, let me know I have a tank outside that is full. You can help yourself to what you need.

Or other foreground plants glosso or newzelandaie, in same tank. You will need to assimalate it to warmer temps. Just like harding plants in the spring, except in reverse order.

garhan

Thanks Garhan! :D I may indeed take you up on the offer of more E. tellenus! I dunno about glosso though... not sure I wanna be futzing around THAT much! :P What is newzelandaie??? Got any pics?