NLS and Goldfish... I'm a believer!

Krystle

I had decided to switch my fancy goldfish to NLS a couple weeks or so ago, and I just wanted to pass on how well they're doing on this food since it's pretty amazing, actually!

Fancy goldfish are always a bit of a challenge to feed properly due to the shape of their bodies and the resulting scrunched up GI tract makes them exceptionally prone to constipation and swimbladder disorder.

in my collection of goldies I have some fish with "special dietary needs" lol. Princess gets very floaty at the mere sight of processed foods (pellets, flakes etc), even very high quality fancy goldfish specific sinking pellets I spent a small fortune on >.< lol So her diet used to consist of fresh fruit, veggies, shrimp, brine shrimp, bloodworms, etc and was a major P.I.T.A :P Queen Latifah has swimbladder disorder, and her needs are the same as Princess.

Well, after switching to NLS, a *gasp* PELLET that all my fish including Princess and Queen Latifah have been eating exclusively, I've definitely noticed some changes :D Princess no longer gets floaty, and today, when I came home from running errands Queen Latifah was up off of the bottom of the tank and swimming around for the first time in months!!! The ONLY thing I've changed is their diet, and it's truly amazing what the change in nutrition has been able to bring about in Princess and *especially* Queen Latifah :bow: Not only that but I have 3 adult ryukins that are spawning regularly for me!

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know how wonderful this food is working out for my fish! :beer:

Was there ever any doubt? :thumbs:

Glad to hear that the new diet has been approved by your fish, and thanks for the update.

BTW - which formula have you been using?

I've been using the Thera-A 3 mm formula for my 3 new ryukins since they're new and in quarantine and came a long way to get here... You can never be too careful, right? The rest of my fish are eating the regular NLS Goldfish 3 mm formula :)

I can't get over how great it is to see Queen Latifah swimming around again! I'm going to have to pick up some of those wafers for my fry (they'll be hatching in about 3 days now :))