False Percula

Molino

I just got two of these fish last week and this was my first try taking photos of them. Snapped a half dozen photos and was fairly happy with this one. I'll have to take some more photos as I'm sure I could get some better ones with a little more effort.

IMG_3398-percula-650w.jpg

The first stripe and the face/mouth area is a little blown out...

Definately. I wonder if you didn't lose the stripes when you did your levels adjustment afterwards though?

No it was blown out to begin with. I need to shoot these fish either deeper in the tank, or lower the flash output. They like to hang out right near the top of the tank and along the edge which makes taking their photos difficult :grr:

Did you crazy glue her to the back of the tank? LOL!

No, but that sounds like a great idea! :lol:

No it was blown out to begin with. I need to shoot these fish either deeper in the tank, or lower the flash output. They like to hang out right near the top of the tank and along the edge which makes taking their photos difficult

I know the feeling. The best method I've found, assuming you have the working room, is to lift the flash above the tank a few inches. You could try down powering and adding more diffusion but I haven't found it to be as satisfactory for those fish that are really right up near the surface.