flies

steveo

:wacko: I have little flies under the hood of my tank. Does anyone know what would cause this?I do regular water change and keep everything nice and clean and i really would like to know how to get rid of them. :wacko:

I had those, not sure how they got there, but my fish ate them, so I didn't get rid of them. Now there's none left. I think it may have been a stray piece of food or something that hung around on the lip of the tank or something that rotted.

-Hideo

Without seeing them I would guess they are the little pests that are flying all over my backyard right now. Attracted by light and small enough to fit through a screen. My main tanks don"t have them but the one in my sons room by the window does. Harmless.

I have been keeping evrything very clean ( cleaning tops 2-3 a week ). They are very little and i think they would fit through a screen. They are almost green ( greenish black )

anyway .......so i should have nothing to worry about ?

thanks to all for the help :bow:

I have been keeping evrything very clean ( cleaning tops 2-3 a week ). They are very little and i think they would fit through a screen. They are almost green ( greenish black )

anyway .......so i should have nothing to worry about ?

thanks to all for the help :bow:

as we said no worries

Do you have lots of house plants?

We have very few live plants. ( we can't keep them alive ) :guns:

LOL

Well there goes my other theory

We have tons

PS: try feeding your plants the water from your tanks

Edited by Canadbis

I fill my rain barrel with tank water. I now just use my python-type vac, bring it outside, rest it into the intake of the rain barrel after syphoning, and away I go. The grass and plants grow like I've never seen.

-Hideo