Do you think...?

Fish_Frenzy

I have a 20g set up with 4 Brichardi cichlids in it...do you think I could add some Danios to it for some activity at the top of the tank? I am worried the Brichardi will tear em apart...anybody try this before? If not..what else could I add in there? Thanks in advance.

Tammy :D

Should be OK 'til the brichardi want to breed. I've heard that a pair of birchardi will take over even a 4' tank!

The Brichardi will get along with most community tank fish until they start breeding. Once they start breeding they will only go after whatever gets to close to their nest. So most upper level fish should be fine.

We have a mixture of fishes with ours, neons, tetras, danios, pencil fish, barbs. We also have plecos, clowns loaches, They have learned how close they can get and still be safe.

Nothing can kill a Danio. I keep a school of danios loose in a bowl, without water, they're still going strong after 7 months.

-Hideo

The brichardi's may leave the danios alone, but if they do, you will be one lucky brichadi keeper.

Usually once they breed, the danios would end up in the upper part of the tank, all right - in one corner, huddled for safety.

Not advised, IMO.