Mantis shrimp ID help

Toirtis

I suck at these ID's, Christian, but seeing as you might actually have a live view, here's some help:

http://www.grimreefers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3216

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthropoda/cr...traca/royslist/

Hope you can view the grimreefers forum, if not, Roy's list should help.

Make sure you check the meral spots first.

BTW, Jay's reading this topic right now....I think he wants one. :hey:

The one on the right is fairly green although the photo does not show it well....but I have my doubts that it is a peacock.

I will have a look at grimreefers and see what I can find, thanks.

OK, I am now fairly certain that the one on the right is a Gonodactylaceus ternatensis.

...and the one on the left is probably Gonodactylus platysoma.

Big green one is a male Chiragra. Check the white meral spots and and the yellow antennal scales. Ternatensis have orange meral spots and look nothing like that one.

Smaller brownish green one is also Chiragra although I did not see his meral spots I would bet money on it. (not a platysoma as there is no red eye spot on the tail)

White one is a female Chiragra Red red antennal scales and white meral spots (she is incredible)

Edited by rudy

Big green one is a male Chiragra. Check the white meral spots and and the yellow antennal scales. Ternatensis have orange meral spots and look nothing like that one.

Smaller brownish green one is also Chiragra although I did not see his meral spots I would bet money on it. (not a platysoma as there is no red eye spot on the tail)

White one is a female Chiragra Red red antennal scales and white meral spots (she is incredible)

Ah, you were at the store....so which one did you buy?

I have a very large Peacock btw......

You poor bugger.....I'll sacrifice myself and take him off your hands for you.

Christian....how much for the female, just in case?

Not for sale Dunl. I was just bragging.

Big Als Edmonton....for a mear arm and a leg. $99!!

I expressed my ripped off ness to Mike, however I paid it and barely pissed and moaned.

Female is $20 Dunl and you would be dumb not to get her. She is a looker. Lots of red

Not for sale Dunl. I was just bragging.

Big Als Edmonton....for a mear arm and a leg. $99!!

I expressed my ripped off ness to Mike, however I paid it and barely pissed and moaned.

Female is $20 Dunl and you would be dumb not to get her. She is a looker. Lots of red

Youch...$99 for what is considered a common pest in saltwater aquariums. I don;t care if they are getting more popular...that is a rip off.

What would I keep the two of them in? I currently have the male in a 20l. How do yours interact with each other? Hide most of the time?

I keep my pair in a 20 gallon with fish. I am really surprised if your Chiragra hides. Both mine are highly interactive and in fact live at the office as everybody loves to see them. Trade yours in and get the big male and the female. It is not supposed to work...but I am one to push the envelope. Or just get the female. She is awesome!