For Sammyswife & Val

RD.

Just thought I would share a few updated photos with you both.

Here's a 'before' pic from when this C. azureus first arrived. At the time it was only this fish, and an adult O. lithobates left alone in their previous tank and as you can see they spent a lot of time ripping into each other.

fish85.JPG

Here's what he looks like today. He's also the king of the tank now, but a fairly easy going king, that never shows any serious aggression.

fish245aaa.jpg

Updated pic of your O. lithobates. The true colors of this fish are impossible to capture with my camera. When he's strutting his stuff he simply looks amazing.

fish232.JPG

For Val, a couple of updated shots of your largest male phenochilus. This fish is pretty much a wimp, with even his smaller male sibling putting the run on him whenever he takes a notion to. All in all no one bothers him too much, and I'm secretly hoping that he'll turn the tables once he starts getting some size to him.

fish209.JPG

fish234.JPG

Thanks again to both of you for these great looking specimens! :bow:

And a pic of my young 3" male S. fryeri that I'm adding, just 'cause I like this shot.

fish199.JPG

The Pheno looks nice, his flecks are really starting to come in.

My pheno is also a wimp and was getting picked on by my male empress. Right now he is still in his own 10g. He has also developed a couple more flecks :thumbs: I really hope when i add him back to the tank he can stand up to the empress. It would be a pitty if I couldnt' keep them together.

Good luck with yours :beer:

Your other fish look great as well.

The funny part is his smaller sibling is quite the little tough guy, and doesn't take too much guff from any of the other fish, even the ones much larger than he is. Go figure .......

Hope yours works things out with your red emp!

Thanks for the update RD, your fish are looking great! It is so nice to see how awesome the fish are doing.

Sorry again for the state of the fish when they arrived; I knew they would come around again :D

Amy

PS-Anyone else that purchased some of our beauties I would love an update!

No problem on the condition when they arrived, I know what it's like when you start removing cichlids a few at a time. Bad things can happen overnight! :ph43r:

They all seem very content in their new home, and I'm glad that you approve.