Sexing snow white socolofi

Green Seahorse

if their the ones you got from me 2 were male 2 were female. the only way i could tell was the female carried the eggs....... males are useually bigger. so count the little spots on the anal fin. the male will be a diffrent # from the females.......other than that good luck took me a long time to sex those fish

well look at the blue socoloffi......its pretty east to distinguish m/f. with the snow whites being true albino there is no colour diffrence.....in a book i read once it said that the males dorsil fin was pointer......sounded like a bunch of phooey to me. on your alpha male id like you to tell me how many spots r on its anal fin. count the other fishes and post your findings......than we can sort out ur fishes....i had a really hard time sexing these fish. 6 years and many many batches of snow whites.....i almost gave up.........then finally.....fry...

Venting is about the only way to know for sure. Google it... I think this is the article I found most helpful:

http://www.fishhead.com/articles/ventsex.htm