what kind of cichlid is this?

ABwildrose

I know that this is probably a silly question, but could someone tell me what kind of cichlid this is? I know he is a male...by the way he acts. He was supposed to be a saulosi, but I don't think that is correct.... at least according to any pictures I have seen of them. I may be mistaken tho.

post-6-1099832078

He is approx 3"....without the tail. When I got him I thought/ was told he was a subdom male saulosi. So, I guess that is what he is then :) He is the only saulosi in the tank and i have had him for 4 weeks now. The bars on his sides are usually a bit darker than the pic shows. He was completely yellow when I brought him home but started getting the blue when I released him in the tank. He also seems to want to breed with my yellow labs :wacko: . I suspect he was successful as one is now holding...and I haven't had a holding lab since last Feb.

I was thinking of bringing him back to the auction.... but I would never catch him. Actually, I decided against bringing any fish to the auction. I don't know how to catch them and don't know how to bag them properly. I would have to bag them by 530 am...which means they would be in a bag for a tremendous amount of time.

anyways...I hope to see you at the auction again :thumbs:

Shelley